Gourmet Foods For Every Occasion
50% Less Cooking
Enjoying fine food is definitely one of the pleasures of life. There is so much fast food and bland tasting dishes today because of the lack of time to really prepare food right, that when you do get to enjoy gourmet fine food, it's a special treat.
50% Less Cooking
without hitting the fast food button! Don't you just cringe when some clever kitchen type tells you what .....
So what makes any food or drink qualify to be called "gourmet"'
Well, in general it means that a particular food or drink is considered above average in quality, and will appeal even to those who have the most discriminating tastes. It also usually means that a lot of time and effort has gone into it's preparation too.
What comes to mind when you think of gourmet foods' Here is a list of many fine foods and beverages that can be found in the gourmet food category:
1. Coffees - Gourmet coffees include many exotic coffee blends from around the world and flavored coffees. Frequently you can get a nice mixture of various gourmet coffees that allow you to sample them before buying more of each kind.
2. Teas - There are several specialty teas from all over the world that qualify to be called gourmet tea.They can be either green, black, oolong or herbal teas. Again, you can often get sampler packs of these exotic teas to try them out first.
3. Chocolates - Whether milk, dark or white chocolate,gourmet chocolate assortments often come with fruit, nuts, and cream centers that are just incredibly delicious.
4. Caviar - If you really want to taste the good life, enjoy any of the various kinds of caviar, from the American Golden to the Russian Dark variety. Of course this is one type of gourmet food that can get really pricey fast, but there is a caviar for pretty much any budget if you look carefully enough.
5. Seafood - There are lots of seafoods that have been specially prepared as gourmet foods including smoked herring, oysters, shrimp and lobster rolls and bisques. There's lots more in this category too and again you can often get samplers for taste testing in advance.
6. Fish - Some of the favorite gourmet fish foods are salmon, tuna, and halibut.
7. Meats - This is one of the largest gourmet categories and lately has become very popular. Entries in this field include ribs, roasts, steaks, and even some dried and cured meats.
8. Poultry - There are any number of gourmet foods prepared with chicken, but duck and turkey is also top favorites for special dishes.
So where can you use gourmet foods' Almost any special occasion is a good time to include gourmet foods, drinks, or desserts on the menu. Everything from intimate dinners for two to large social gatherings are all acceptable places to include the delicious taste of gourmet foods to help make that occasion truly special and unforgettable.
Thankfully, the internet makes shopping for gourmet foods quick and easy. There is a large selection available in all of the categories listed above, and when ordered, modern shipping techniques allow you to receive gourmet foods through the mail in short order and in fresh condition. So why not sample a few gourmet foods today and start enjoying some of the finer pleasures of life'
About the Author
Duane Smith - http://www.all-about-gourmet-foods.com/